Eileen Wiedbrauk is a writer, tech geek, designer, coffee addict, cat herder, public library fangirl, former editor and founder of World Weaver Press, MFA grad, Odyssey Workshop alum, web developer-in-training, kdrama devotee, avid reader, and a somewhat decent cook. She wears many hats, as the saying goes. Which is an odd saying in this case, as she rarely looks good in hats.
Portfolio at eileenwiedbrauk.com including: writing samples, graphic design, podcasts, video, phhotography & painting, HTML/code, and published fiction. Like all portfolios, it’s a work in progress.
Nonfiction Writing Samples
- PDF of 3 Writing Samples | Download
- “3 Steps to Tell Surrealism from Fantasy Fiction” | Blog & Eccentric Review
- “What Is ‘Speculative Fiction?'” | Blog & Eccentric Review (2012 version previously posted at World Weaver Press)
- “Small Presses: Tiny But Mightly” | Odyssey Writing Workshop Guest Blogger
- “Bridging Gaps and Weaving Worlds” | Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine Guest Blogger
- Book Review: Mage’s Blood by David Hair | Reviewed on NewMyths.com
- Book Review: Anthropomorphisms by Bruce Boston | Reviewed on NewMyths.com.
- Book Review: Silver by Rhiannon Held | Reviewed on NewMyths.com
- Book Review: Rook by JC Andrijeski | eviewed on NewMyths.com
- “A Case for Contests” | Third Coast Literary Magazine Blog
- “Making Memoir” (textbook article) | Writing Beyond the Rules: Juxtaposition, Disruption, and Multiple Genres, Edited by Joyce R. Walker and Kristin Denslow, 2nd Ed. 2009. (Article reprint) Illinois State University Writing Research Annual | Article-only download
- Blog and Eccentric Review (Personal Blog Reborn)
- Speak Coffee To Me Blog (Personal Blog Defunct)
- “Yaga Dreams of Growing Up,” PodCastle, 2015.
- “Candy, Shoe, and Skull; Sallow Flowers Plucked Like Chains,” Niteblade, 2015. Pushcart Prize Nominee
- “Breath Stirs in the Husk,” Pseudopod, 2014.
- “Yaga Dreams of Growing Up,” Lady Churchill’s Rosebud Wristlet. No. 29, 2013.
- “Breath Stirs in the Husk,” Urban Green Man, edited by Adria Laycraft and Janice Blaine (EDGE Publishing), 2013.
- “Garbage-to-Gold Spindle–On Sale Now!” – Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine. March 2011.
- “Apology” – SWINK. Nov. 18, 2010.
- “Not Yours” (previously titled Color, Pattern, and Fantasy) – The Northville Review, Aug. 2010.
- “Fireworks” – North American Review. May-Aug. 2009.
About the Blog and Eccentric Review: Remember when you were a kid and while all the adults were talking about something dull, you were the one getting the VCR to stop flashing 12:00? I do. If you’re like me, you still get asked these sort of quotidian tech questions, so now I blog short documentation and how-tos when I’m asked these kinds of questions by friends and family. Also, I write reviews of things as I see fit. Usually things I like. Sometimes I podcast those reviews. The subject matter is primarily Korean TV dramas (subtitled in English) and related material. Sometimes I post on writing and storycraft. It’s eclectic. And eccentric.